Food | Kale Chips

"Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach."
Tony Robbins


I used to be a chip monster. In my tween and teen years, my lunch consisted of a slushie and a bag of chips; unbeknownst to my mother, whose rendition of lunch was tossed in the nearest bin. Chips to me, their nutritional devoid nature aside, are a perfect snack food- intensely flavored and easy to eat. The grown up me knows that chips for lunch everyday are the reason behind my tween and teenage skin; so the grown up me avoids them. Bad skin or momentary “culinary” satisfaction? Life is about choices; and I choose health.

Then kale chips happened.

I love kale, it’s one of those leaves that I was initially very frightened of; and then I had it sautéed with butter and sea salt. I was amazed at how this green, with little cooking intervention, could be rendered into such a flavorful dish. Since, I’ve put it in smoothies, pastas and soups; but chips were the final frontier. I honestly didn’t believe that kale could rival Old Dutch; but I was wrong. It happens sometimes.

With a quick toss in olive oil and a light dusting of salt, kale bakes up to be stiff opposition to the chips of my yesteryears. If you, like me, are frightened of kale; don’t be. And if you, like me, think that kale chips can’t possibly rival real chips; I say to you, trust me.


Kale Chips
1 bunch (about 6 ounces) kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 300°F. Rinse and dry the kale, then remove the stems and tough center ribs. Cut into large pieces, toss with olive oil in a bowl then sprinkle with salt. Arrange leaves in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp. Place on a rack to cool.


  1. I've seen these before but have never tried them. I'm intrigued! Do they last for a couple of days, or do you need to eat them all immediately?

  2. They last for 3 days in an airtight container. But that being said they are more fragile than a chip so they may crumble.

    Thanks for your continued support Katie, i really appreciate it!

  3. Love it, just about to try this, I bought some Kale at the weekend and was looking for a good and tasty way to eat this most healthy of veg.

  4. Yum! I love kale chips. Sometimes I put a little garlic powder on them.


  5. I love the rich dark green color. You just know it's going to be good (and good for you!)

  6. This looks sooooo delicious and healthy...mmm bring it on!


Thank you for taking the time to visit; and for your kind words!